Front Rack check

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

augeleven

Front Rack check

Post by augeleven » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Trying (again) to get a front rack together.
I’ve been doing some mobility stuff for the rack, but I definitely start to lose it in the decent.

Here’s‘a a video of my trying to hold the barbell, then descend a bit with it. The weight goes completely in my wrists.

What thinkest thou’all?

asdf

Re: Front Rack check

Post by asdf » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:21 am

Are you able to do a front squat California style? Not recommending that as a solution, just trying to diagnose what the actual problem is.

Also, you may not have to keep your elbows that high. Just as high as necessary to keep the bar on your delts.

Can you front squat the empty bar zombie style?

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 am

asdf wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:21 am Are you able to do a front squat California style? Not recommending that as a solution, just trying to diagnose what the actual problem is.

Also, you may not have to keep your elbows that high. Just as high as necessary to keep the bar on your delts.

Can you front squat the empty bar zombie style?
I can zombie front squat pretty close to my work sets. I’ve never tried California style, I use the straps method. Even with my elbows that high the bar doesn’t seem to be on my delts the same as when I zombie squat or strapped front squat.

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:51 pm

augeleven wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 am Even with my elbows that high the bar doesn’t seem to be on my delts the same as when I zombie squat or strapped front squat.
I think that's what you have to work on then. Can you unrack any amount of weight in the ideal on-delts rack postion? If not, then keep working on flexibility and various adjustments. Try widening your grip a bit, make sure your shoulders are protracted, etc. Once you can unrack weight fully on your delts, maybe just work on unracking progressively heavier loads.

Sorry, I know that's probably not very helpful. But you definitely have to figure out a comfortable way for the bar to be fully on your delts before you actually try to squat.

Where's @Testiclaw ?

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Thanks for your input @asdf. I’ve only been the mobility stuff for less than a week.
If nothing else, I’ll probably keep updating this thread with front rack vids as a way of me not giving up (again) and actually getting it