Comp Bench Form Check

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Comp Bench Form Check

Post by BostonRugger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:39 am

How would these do in competition? I know there are no commands happening here, but curious if either of these (start of video shows singles w/ 275 and 300) show flaws/violations they would be a problem.

jake241983

Re: Comp Bench Form Check

Post by jake241983 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:02 am

Pause looked good on bench. I think you racked too soon though, gotta wait for that rack command at a meet. In the meets I've done and watched the rack command on bench was the command that was missed the most. People get excited getting the weight up and jump the gun on that one a lot. Good to be in the habit of waiting a second after lockout. Deadlift looked good.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:18 am

Couldn’t see your feet, but otherwise looked fine. Also, as Jake suggested, practice with commands. I don’t even start to rack squats or bench myself in comp most of the time. I just wait for when the spotters start to move the bar back to the rack.

Sumo

Post by Sumo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:42 am

If the judges are any good you'll be red lighted for downward motion of the bar after the press command. The bar dip is really clear on both attempts after you pause.
Practice holding the bar at lockout for a count of 1, you re-racked too quickly and likely would have jumped the rack command in a meet. I practice holding the the lockout before I re-rack on all work sets during the last 12 weeks of a meet prep, it's a surefire way to build the habit.

Deadlift is all good.