Forum very slow recently

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

Manveer
M3N4C3

Re: Forum very slow recently

Post by Manveer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pm

d0uevenlift wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:46 pm Hey guys. Sorry about that. I'm not sure what was causing the issue, but if it continues until tomorrow, I'll look into it first thing in the morning.

I was able to change my password just now successfully. It took no more than maybe 2 seconds. I'm thinking what was happening earlier today might have been a fluke, if not work-related restrictions or anything. I have noticed that the site is performing a little slower on Safari than it is on Chrome.

We are getting a lot more traffic to the forum now than in the past, and we are on shared hosting rather than dedicated hosting. Since this forum is still a hobby/side thing for us and not a business, we'll need to weigh our options in the future for dedicated hosting because it is far more costly than shared hosting.
Yeah. Probably that. I guess we are getting a decent amount of traffic now, and pushing up against the limits of shared hosting. The 504 error has been popping up more and more recently - you can see some stats in cpanel if you want.

Savs
Dream Weaver

Post by Savs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:45 am

quark wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:23 am I got three "gateway timeout" errors while trying to post this.
Only three? I keep hitting "reload/refresh" like a rat pushing the food lever.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:30 am

How much would dedicated hosting cost per year? Maybe we need to figure out some kind of annual fundraiser?

d0uevenlift
Paparazzo

Post by d0uevenlift » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm

TimK wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:30 am How much would dedicated hosting cost per year? Maybe we need to figure out some kind of annual fundraiser?
It's very expensive. But we've learned of other options that will get us to where we need to be without having to plunk down a lot of dollars. Right now we're just gonna wait for this server update to complete, then next week we're gonna look at potentially updating the site and migrating to a new host.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:44 am

3 min and I got about 30 of these:
Sorry, that didn’t work.
Please try again or come back later.
500 Error. Internal Server Error.