Potato Thread

Recipes and such

Moderator: d0uevenlift

heyitsme

Re: Potato Thread

Post by heyitsme » Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 am

Just made a left over potato thing and I'm really happy with it so figured I'd share:

Four medium small potatoes, the not-mash-potato kind, broken a part in a small pot. Throw it on the stove on medium-high heat (7-9 out of 12) let it heat for a few mins. Add 2-3 tbsp of Olive oil. Continue breaking down the potatoes while it gets hot. When you have a nice sort of coarse ground meat size bits, add a small splash of cream, salt, pepper, a four inch length of spring onion cut into bits and a tsp of course ground mustard (the condiment type, not the actual seeds). Mix and Cook for a few more minutes. Finish with a bit of lemon juice and done. Not lean but really easy to eat.

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 am

heyitsme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 am Four medium small potatoes, the not-mash-potato kind, broken a part in a small pot.
I'm having trouble visualizing this. Raw potatoes, cut into small chunks? Or baked potatoes broken into pieces?

acciosnacks

Post by acciosnacks » Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am

I'm so happy to see this thread. I love potatoes. I'll be trying that skillet on the grill trick from StrongDan!

I like cubing, tossing in olive oil and roasting with Rosemary and thyme. My H likes them spicy so I also do a pan with red pepper flakes and cayenne.
I also like slicing them into thin rounds and frying in butter on the stove with just a bit of salt and pepper.

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am

omaniphil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 am
heyitsme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 am Four medium small potatoes, the not-mash-potato kind, broken a part in a small pot.
I'm having trouble visualizing this. Raw potatoes, cut into small chunks? Or baked potatoes broken into pieces?
Oops, I mean leftover potatoes. Cooked and cooled and not eaten on the intended day. Something like fingerling potatoes. You know how some potatoes when cooked just sort of start to fall apart or crumble apart? That's the kind of potato I think of as a "mash-potato" kind.

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 am

heyitsme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am
Oops, I mean leftover potatoes. Cooked and cooled and not eaten on the intended day. Something like fingerling potatoes. You know how some potatoes when cooked just sort of start to fall apart or crumble apart? That's the kind of potato I think of as a "mash-potato" kind.
Got it. I might try this tonight. I cooked a bunch of redskin potatoes in my instant pot last night, and they're just sitting in the fridge right now.

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Mon May 20, 2019 12:02 pm

omaniphil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 am
heyitsme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am
Got it. I might try this tonight. I cooked a bunch of redskin potatoes in my instant pot last night, and they're just sitting in the fridge right now.
I hope you enjoy it