TRAC - Training Recovery Assessment Computer

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

Murelli

TRAC - Training Recovery Assessment Computer

Post by Murelli » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:36 am

http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.com/Trac/TracReport

Another Mike Tuschschschschscherer training tool. I use it, The Great Lifting Guru Manveer Namasté uses it, and a lot of great and not great people use it, I believe.

Seriously, what do you guys think of it? I quite like it, I find it very accurate and I liked when it told me to increase/decrease sets because of fatigue management.

I got half a mind to program around its use after I'm done with El Puente.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Re: TRAC - Training Recovery Assessment Computer

Post by Manveer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:46 am

I think it works really well. Usually when it tells me to add or subtract a set, I'm thinking, "yeah, that makes sense". Usually it just says to train as usual.

What do you mean "program around its use"? If it's consistently telling you to add volume or consistently telling you to drop volume, I'd posit that your programming needs to be adjusted to something more in line with what you can recover from. Especially if you're always having to drop volume. If you're making progress on less volume and you have plenty of excess recovery capacity, that's not a huge deal.

Murelli

Re: TRAC - Training Recovery Assessment Computer

Post by Murelli » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Manveer wrote:I think it works really well. Usually when it tells me to add or subtract a set, I'm thinking, "yeah, that makes sense". Usually it just says to train as usual.

What do you mean "program around its use"? If it's consistently telling you to add volume or consistently telling you to drop volume, I'd posit that your programming needs to be adjusted to something more in line with what you can recover from. Especially if you're always having to drop volume. If you're making progress on less volume and you have plenty of excess recovery capacity, that's not a huge deal.
I believe that's more or less what I mean by programming around its use.