Not a deadlift PR but wyt?

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

ohlol

Not a deadlift PR but wyt?

Post by ohlol » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Was supposed to be @8 but I think it was more like a 6.5-7. I am still getting the hang of RPE, and haven't done singles in so long.

BenM

Re: Not a deadlift PR but wyt?

Post by BenM » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm

In jeans? Denim gainz!

Yeah it went up pretty quick. If it was me, definitely < 8. I'm a novice at RPE too, but for me, deadlifts are probably the hardest of the big 3 to gauge RPE because even pretty submaximal deadlifts can feel hard and move slow, especially if your technique is a bit off on the day - most of us probably deadlift less than the other lifts so are more prone to form changes day to day.

ohlol

Post by ohlol » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 pm

BenM wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm In jeans? Denim gainz!
Hahaha. They're actually joggers (got em from H&M), so not denim. I couldn't squat in them but deadlifting is great.
Yeah it went up pretty quick. If it was me, definitely < 8. I'm a novice at RPE too, but for me, deadlifts are probably the hardest of the big 3 to gauge RPE because even pretty submaximal deadlifts can feel hard and move slow, especially if your technique is a bit off on the day - most of us probably deadlift less than the other lifts so are more prone to form changes day to day.
Hmm interesting. I find squats the most difficult, so far, for exactly the reason you gave lol. My squat form is all squirelly right now :(

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am

RPE for deadlifts is super weird for me. I'll hit a single at what I think is 8.5-9 ish, but then next week I'll triple it @8.5-9ish.
That rep was super fast though - that looks like the speed of my second to last warmup single maybe?