An Excellent Resource

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

An Excellent Resource

Post by mgil » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 pm

In case anyone missed it, Jordan and Austin recently set up a forum as well:

https://forum.barbellmedicine.com

There's going to be good nutritional and general medical advice over there. While some of us can help in certain circumstances, these dudes (Leah is probably there as well) can get into the specifics and give out good help.

Plus we think they are a great group of folks. And they probably don't want too much nonsense over there. Save that for here! :ugeek:

KOTJ
Superstar

Re: An Excellent Resource

Post by KOTJ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:28 pm

I highly recommend reading the blog before the forum.

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:29 am

KOTJ wrote:I highly recommend reading the blog before the forum.
100% not kidding: Jordan's and Austin's IG accounts are pretty good to follow.

There's also a Barbell Medicine e-mail newsletter.

tdood

Post by tdood » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am

In addition to the BBM content, the Renaissance Diet by Mike Israetel is excellent and the Muscle and strength pyramid by Eric helms is good too.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:37 pm

How does one sign up for the newsletter? I was signed up before, but got each email twice. Unsubscribed which took me off from both, now I can't find the signup again.
Kthanks

acelticmonk

Post by acelticmonk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am

tdood wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am In addition to the BBM content, the Renaissance Diet by Mike Israetel is excellent and the Muscle and strength pyramid by Eric helms is good too.
How are the RP Diet templates? I know a couple folks who have used the cutting templates with success, but it's not clear how they're different from knowing how to count macros (though they may likely help to enforce compliance and do the heavy/light lift day calculations for you).

tdood

Post by tdood » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm

acelticmonk wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am
tdood wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am In addition to the BBM content, the Renaissance Diet by Mike Israetel is excellent and the Muscle and strength pyramid by Eric helms is good too.
How are the RP Diet templates? I know a couple folks who have used the cutting templates with success, but it's not clear how they're different from knowing how to count macros (though they may likely help to enforce compliance and do the heavy/light lift day calculations for you).
Instead of giving you macros they list portions of lean meats, carbs, fats etc and give you blocks. I haven't looked at one in awhile, but I remember it something like

Lunch: 2 servings lean meat, 3 servings carb, 2 serving greens, 1 fat.

And you'd look at the template and see what you could eat, maybe 2-3.5oz servings of London broil, 3- 3/4 cups servings of white rice, 2 servings asparagus with o tbsp evoo

BenM

Post by BenM » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 pm

damufunman wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:37 pm How does one sign up for the newsletter? I was signed up before, but got each email twice. Unsubscribed which took me off from both, now I can't find the signup again.
Kthanks
I had exactly the same issue - unsubscribed a week or so back because I was getting it all twice.

I just went to barbellmedicine.com and clicked on the blog link, and got a pop up asking me to subscribe. I suspect if you browse around the site it’ll happen to you too.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Yeah I figured it out right after posting this. Thanks though!