Training Log of Sink

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

augeleven

Re: Training Log of Sink

Post by augeleven » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:34 pm

What’s the “chin protocol”? Are you trying to get a chin-up, or are you doing the pin fire your elbows with chin-ups stress StSt thing? If you’re just trying to get your first couple of chin-ups, definitely try to fashion a lat pull system. You can get a pulley and nylon coated steel cable for relatively cheap at a hardware store. Fashion a loading pin out of a short length of tie-down webbing, and maybe pick up a lat bar off of craigslist for cheap.

Sinkroenissity

Re: Training Log of Sink

Post by Sinkroenissity » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:46 pm

augeleven wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:34 pm What’s the “chin protocol”? Are you trying to get a chin-up, or are you doing the pin fire your elbows with chin-ups stress StSt thing? If you’re just trying to get your first couple of chin-ups, definitely try to fashion a lat pull system. You can get a pulley and nylon coated steel cable for relatively cheap at a hardware store. Fashion a loading pin out of a short length of tie-down webbing, and maybe pick up a lat bar off of craigslist for cheap.
Trying to get a chin up. There were some suggestions earlier in the log from some others, and I'm thinking along your lines - just find a cheap lat bar and then set up a pulley/loading pin set up. Thank you!

I might also try the assistance bands again, but when I did try it I almost hurt myself using them, so...