No Colon, Still Rollin' Or: Spite Alone Holds Me Aloft

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

tsor

Re: No Colon, Still Rollin' Or: Spite Alone Holds Me Aloft

Post by tsor » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:46 am

Already getting behind on logging... again. Whoops. Info dump incoming.

Thursday was a total bust. Too fatigued to do anything, just wanted to sleep and sleep. First day in a while that I did pretty much nothing. May have been overextending myself lately?

Don't remember offhand if it was Friday or Saturday, but did this workout one day:

OHP:
75 x 10, 10, 10, 11
Kept these as strict as I reasonably could. Didn't hit the target of 12 at the end.

...which was supersetted with pullups (50 total reps in 7 sets) and then arm stuff at the end.

Also continuing to do a 30 minute row every day (except Thursday).

Weighed in at 181 on Friday. Didn't bother to weigh any other days. Did a lot of stress eating last week.

Watched the new King Crimson documentary, which was informative, heartbreaking, inspirational, and liberally seasoned with bitterness, regret, and bile. I knew Fripp was a bit of weird guy, but I didn't realize just how weird. I also didn't know Bill Rieflin had colon cancer, and the bits about him touring with a colostomy bag and in constant pain really hit home.

Enjoyed this Fripp line about why he takes a cold shower every morning:
Your body doesn’t want to go in a cold shower so you’re saying to your body, ‘Do as you are told...’
And yesterday (Monday) was:

High-bar squat:
130 x 9, 9, 9, 13

CGBP:
105 x 11, 11, 11, 17

... supersetted with dumbbell rows and called it done.

These are still pretty light, so hitting the rep-out targets pretty easily (for now).

tsor

Re: No Colon, Still Rollin' Or: Spite Alone Holds Me Aloft

Post by tsor » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:39 pm

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

AM bodyweight: 177.6

DB OHP:
35 x 11, 11, 11, 16

Pullups:
8, 9, 8, 9, 8, 7, 1

RDL:
155 x 11, 11, 11, 18

And a couple of sets of leg raises. Should have done more assistance.

30 minutes on rower (about 6200 meters)

Workout started okay, and it felt nice to almost get 50 pullups in 6 sets (getting closer to 5x10). But I just kind of mentally gave up about halfway through RDLs. It just started to feel really absurd for some reason (the words "sunk cost" kept popping into my head). Just started wondering if I should just give my equipment away to some kid who will probably get some good use out of it, and spend my time/effort doing something else, and just do some cardio and calisthenics for exercise.

Funny how I was feeling more motivated than ever 2 years ago, and now training just feels futile. At least in the past, training was a time I could just escape the real world, listen to music, and have some time to myself, but it hasn't felt that way lately.

But now I'm feeling like I'm too old for this mopey shit, so will probably just carry on as usual tomorrow.