Justin's log

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

KringJ

Justin's log

Post by KringJ » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 am

Hey everyone, long time no see.

I figured I’d start a new log. It’s been a long time since I updated the old one and stuff has changed quite a bit on my end.

Pre-March: I was getting my programming done by Hanley after a long lay off (Since September) and things were running really smoothly.

In March I was hit by a fork truck while on the job. Thankfully I didn’t die, but I had three breaks in my forearm and wrist and had to have surgery.

Surgery happened

Afterwards, I had some limited mobility in my wrist and some weird stuff going on with my hand ((Numbness etc)). The doctors kept telling me I had a “long road ahead” with rehab. Normally, I’m not a huge skeptic with PT stuff but this all just seemed off to me. I’ve broken bones before and usually the recovery process has been pretty minor. Nobody could tell me why they had this outlook, just that they did.

Covid started happening right around this time, so I never saw the same doctor when I was actually able to go to PT. (This was weird too)

Finally between the state shutting down and being frustrated I ended up just calling it quits on PT. I used some grippers at home and did some mobility stuff for my wrist and it’s probably at 85%. No pain or numbness so I am really pumped about that and excited to get back to training.

I’m not gonna jump right back into lifting. Before this fiasco, I was already a bit heavier than I would’ve liked and being laid up under quarantine has shown me just how far I can go in resembling a marshmallow.

Plus the great discussion on here has brought to my attention that if I want to be more resilient to future outbreaks, I should probably get my waist measurement down.

Short(ish) term goal:
Right now I’m sitting at about 40” waist at 212lbs

My goal is to get down to a 34” waist which would be right around 180lbs.

Long term goal:
Begin Montana Method again at 180lbs

mbasic

Re: Justin's log

Post by mbasic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:45 am

sounds like plan ! good luck dude

KringJ

Post by KringJ » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:14 pm

Thanks mbasic. The log will help with the accountability component. Ive never had to do a longer fat loss goal like this one so it should be an experience.

Today: Weigh in: 209lbs
Workout: 3 x 5 minute rounds on the heavy bag with 1 minute of rest in between. Intensity was moderate and I was still breathing pretty heavy.

I ordered myself a polar heart rate monitor which should be here on Monday. Im really excited about how helpful that will be

KringJ

Post by KringJ » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:02 am

Polar HR Monitor came in Saturday! Got to have some fun with it over the weekend.

Saturday:
I decided to do some sled pulls and see where I could get my HR to spike to. My “Calculated” max hr would be 193. I couldn’t get it past 181. I don’t think this is my actual max HR. I’m probably just not in shape enough to hit it, and I would completely gas out after a few seconds of 181.

All in all I hit 6 “laps” with 90lbs in my backyard. I was crawling by the end of it

Sunday:
I did some practice on the heavy bag while staying in the aerobic HR range. 40 minutes of working some new boxing stuff I’ve been trying out.

Weight is 208.4 this morning from 209.8 when I started

Plan for today is to work some anaerobic stuff on the bag. Maybe try to hit max HR zone again and see where I come out.

KringJ

Post by KringJ » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:51 am

Weight: 205.4 this morning

Yesterday: I did some aerobic HR work, loaded up a backpack with 20lbs and went for a walk with the dog. We had a bit of a break in the heat and it was only 70 degrees so made for a beautiful walk

Today: Did some high heart rate bag work for 30 minutes, no rounds this time but straight through. After that I dragged the sled for 6 laps, with 2 minutes of rest in between each lap. Weight on the sled was 90lbs