Manscaping pyjama party

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

Shane
Great Old One

Manscaping pyjama party

Post by Shane » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm too motivationally exhausted to sling words with much abandon, gay or otherwise, which will be a departure from previous log inaugurations. I've been all spackle, no sparkle. House renovations, ffffffggggg. Before that, I had a nasty PSA test result (and then a nasty extra expensive more fine grained PSA test result). My prostate checked out ok ... yay!! But the surgical stabbing of it multiple times resulted in the single most disturbing physical symptom I've ever experienced. Blood out the dick. In the pee, in the jizz: blood. Even when the doc says - "now, don't be alarmed, but you may pass some blood", when you see it for the first time you still want to get him on the phone and scream frantically "I'M DICK-BLEEDING BRO, WHAT YOU DO TO ME!?" Then a week or two later it's not red, it's a disturbing coagulated brown, but by then you're desensitized to the horror. Anyway about that prosaicism. Oh, and TMI.

No program decided yet. Starting tonight I'm introducing a friend of mine to LP, he needs some physical activity in his life. See how it goes.

26/9/2017
Squat: 160kgx5x4
Lunges (alternating): 75kgx7x3 (each side) - these probably hurt my knee, and probably won't happen again.
Good mornings: 75kgx10x3 - these were ok.
Deadlifts: hahahahahahahahaha. No. It's probably a phobia now.
Last edited by Shane on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 am, edited 7 times in total.

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Re: Long live the new flesh

Post by simonrest » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:45 pm

You're back!

I was thinking of you the other night when I downloaded the complete works of HP Loveraft on kindle ($1.30 - how?!). I kind of like his writing style. It's horror, but quaint. Like Poe, but less rhyming.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:12 am

simonrest wrote:You're back!
I was thinking of you the other night when I downloaded the complete works of HP Loveraft on kindle ($1.30 - how?!). I kind of like his writing style. It's horror, but quaint. Like Poe, but less rhyming.
Hey mate, sure am!
Glad to hear you like it. It's been yonks since I delved into the turgid vaporous realms of Lovecraft. More recently, but still more than a decade ago, I read a fair bit of Brian Lumley's take on the mythos. I don't recall being super fond of it. But I just found a free HP compendium while searching for the one you bought so I might chuck that on the phone for quieter moments.

27/9/2017

Got extremely distracted running my friend through day A of the basic LP program. He seems keen. I haven't really had to cue the squat before for someone who hasn't ever really done it. We didn't quite get to using the bar on squats - he has some flexibility work to do first before he can get deep enough - but his press & deadlift were solid.

Press: 60x[12,11,12]
Bench: 100x[8,6,5]

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:42 am

simonrest wrote:You're back!

Quaint?!?! Single combat. https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:H ... _Lovecraft

It's all public domain. A good editor is very helpful- a lot of his stuff is not great. I get bored by the dream cycle stuff. And I'll admit the whole "I wrote this stuff so when people find my body they know what happened- I went mad, for none of this could really have happened!" gets a little tiresome.

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am

..."now, don't be alarmed"...

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:00 am

Great to have you back. Those are some solid weights to step back into

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Allentown wrote:...And I'll admit the whole "I wrote this stuff so when people find my body they know what happened- I went mad, for none of this could really have happened!" gets a little tiresome.
I can't spring for his poetry. It's clunky:
The mystic swells and sullen surges
Hint like accursed thaumaturges
A thousand horrors, big with awe,
That forgotten ages saw.
... doesn't exactly trip merrily off the tongue. If you have to pronounce stuff strangely or with a bizarre cadence to make it work, it doesn't.
slowmotion wrote: ..."now, don't be alarmed"...

Jan man! that pretty much captures it. Except as described - out the dick.
cgeorg wrote:Great to have you back. Those are some solid weights to step back into
Dude! I will not lie (much), this is my second try at starting up again, so there was some maintenance stimuli that kept me from entirely detraining. I'm mostly shocked at how weak my bench is. I shouldn't be I guess. I've read enough discussion about how much volume and frequency the press family needs to progress that it should be fairly obvious that once a fortnight could just be on the suboptimal side. Plus I switched about half my intake from protein to alcohol. I have excessive wind-down protocols for a day of sanding and painting.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:10 am

Shane wrote:
Allentown wrote:...And I'll admit the whole "I wrote this stuff so when people find my body they know what happened- I went mad, for none of this could really have happened!" gets a little tiresome.
I can't spring for his poetry. It's clunky:
The mystic swells and sullen surges
Hint like accursed thaumaturges
A thousand horrors, big with awe,
That forgotten ages saw.
... doesn't exactly trip merrily off the tongue. If you have to pronounce stuff strangely or with a bizarre cadence to make it work, it doesn't.
Oh. Yeah, also, don't read the poetry. Or any of the dream cycle.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:16 am

Is the remodelling done? I seem to remember you were also talking about moving. Is this remodelling a new place? No more jungle gym?

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 pm

damufunman wrote:Is the remodelling done? I seem to remember you were also talking about moving. Is this remodelling a new place? No more jungle gym?
Not done yet. Just ramping up into insane overdrive. We're doing cosmetic renovations on our old place so we can sell it to provide part of the bucket-o-cash for our new place. The new place is just a square of dirt at the moment. Hopefully I can keep lifting in the Mayan ruins for another couple of months; we're looking at having a long settlement time in the contract of sale.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm

1/10/2017

I spent the first half of the day bent weirdly under a ceiling feathering the edges of old paint and plaster. I totally wish feathering the edges was a euphemism for some ribald activity involving burlesque performers in corsets and fishnets. It is not. Anyway had to have a handful of Ibuprofen before I could walk straight: old SI joint went rogue don't you know; pelvis tilted like I took a shot to one ball. It settled down under the bar and all was happy.

Squat: 170x6
Deadlift: 180x5 (OMG I know rite - deadlifts?!)
Chins: 8,6,6
Curls: 45x10x2

I guess I'm doing a Volume-Intensity alternation now? Trying to up the frequency.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:11 am

3/10/2017

4/5 bad-touching tentacles. Decided I needed some triples in my life. Felt awesome. I think this is the beginning of separating my press day from my bench day. Using the old Press I Bench V then switcheroo for Bench I Press V. If I can get the frequency right the power of madness will get all up in me. I ain't even Fhtagning.

Press: 80kgx3x5
CGBP: 100kgx6x3

Inaugural videos.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 am

7/10/2017

Meant to do volume squats sooner than this, but digging post-holes through tree roots and rocks on Thursday murdered me for two days. Bad pelvis stuff. The opposite of good pelvis stuff.

Squat: 165kgx5x4
Good-morning: 80kgx10x3

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:10 am

9/10/2017

Fuck seriously this renovation stuff is rooting my toot. Today I chucked a sickie and spent the day up and down a ladder sanding, sugar soaping, gap-filling and partly painting VJs in a room with an 11 foot ceiling. You know the worst thing about that: everyfuckingthing. From the no-more gaps spoogefest to the laboriously brush painting VJ joins before rolling it is hands down a shitsausage of a job. I never want to see an old house and in particular a VJ again in my fucking now probably short due to lead paint dust inhalation life. For the curious, a VJ (vertical joint) aka tongue and groove is a style of interior wall construction popular in Queensland invented by historic cousinfuckers to torture me in particular. Anyway, stuff got lifted and the beer is taking the edge off my hate, so time to get some more gap-filling in before bed.

Bench: 110x3x5
Press: 65x[8,8,7]
Rows: 100x5x3

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:46 am

Are you hand-painting the grooves? Because they make rollers that would work for that. I'm picturing wood panel kind of crap?

Shane
Great Old One

Re:

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 am

Allentown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:46 am Are you hand-painting the grooves? Because they make rollers that would work for that. I'm picturing wood panel kind of crap?
This shit has gap depths that just won't quit. Which is why I'm spending my possibly last few nights on earth before I top myself injectifying them with evil sticky shit that is giving me an arm rash and possibly getting me high, high, I wanna touch the purples haze. And even then the rollering technology that has reached .au will leave some of that untouched by paintly goodness.

Maybe a mini-roller would work if that's what you're alluding to, but K has said if she has to go to Bunnings (hardware store) one more time she will straight up murder-death-kill somebody Simon Phoenix style. I take her threats of homicide seriously since the last family get together.

The awesome complication is that I'm gap filling stuff me and K gap filled more than a decade ago, and sometimes the existing stuff has split nicely along one side, and sometimes it has split in a zig-zag, which is a fun track to follow. Seriously, if I put together all the fucking gaps, half of the house has shifted away from the other half of the house by about a fucking meter. And if I put together the gaps we filled last time, it already had a meter under its belt. How does that happen science? Plus either my glasses or possessed or I'm going extra-blind so I'm just pointing the pointy end of the tube at shadows and hoping for the best while doing my best frowny face. Anyway, having done this for 12 hours today, I'm probably a little bit emotional, and looking forward to the next 12 hours of doing it. My life: fuck it a lot.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am

It's grip work. Alternate hands each crack.

Shane
Great Old One

Re:

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 am

Allentown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am It's grip work. Alternate hands each crack.
silver lining achieved bro!

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 am

How old is the house?

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:52 pm

slowmotion wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 am How old is the house?
Half of it was built ~1925. That's old for these parts. The rest was added in 2008. Don't need to worry much about that bit.